Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions. We advise you to print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.
1. This competition is open to all residents of the UK aged 16 or over, excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, City and County of Swansea employees, anyone connected with the competition and their close relatives. Proof of age and eligibility may be requested. The City and County of Swansea reserves the right to withhold the prize if proof of age is not produced when required.
2. Entrants must provide the City and County of Swansea with their name, telephone number and email address (so we know who to contact should you win).
3. The City and County of Swansea reserves the right to publish the name and County of the winning entrant. The winning entrant will allow photographs to be taken and used for the purpose of publicity. Information provided may be used for tourism marketing purposes and not passed on to other organisations.
4. The competition will be promoted via the Swansea Leader newspaper and at www.swanseabayfestival.co.uk
5. Entry is in person at the Skate House in Waterfront Winterland and online at www.swanseabayfestival.co.uk
6. Only one entry per person is permitted. If any multiple entries are received then only the first entry will be considered.
7. The competition will open on-line from the Swansea Leader publication date in November and will close at 2.00pm on Monday, 3 December 2012.
8. There will be one winner selected at random on Tuesday, 4 December 2012 from the names entered during the competition.
9. The winner will be contacted by the City and County of Swansea on Tuesday, 4 December 2012, by email or telephone. If we cannot contact the winning entrant for any reason after 14 days, we will reserve the right to offer the prize to the next best entry selected at random.
10. All entries will be retained for 3 months after the competition to allow for this.
11. The selection decision will be final and no correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
12. The prize is 4 tickets for ice skating (1 per person), 6 tickets for funfair rides (2 per person) and two entries to Santa’s Grotto (1 per child).
13. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold. There is no cash alternative to the stated prize.
14. The winning entrant must book their ice skating sessions in advance of attending Waterfront Winterland as popular sessions book up quickly.
15. The prize may be subject to health and safety considerations. Please visit www.swanseabayfestival.co.uk in respect of these details.
16. The City and County of Swansea may disqualify entries from winning if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that they are in breach of the terms and conditions.
17. The City and County of Swansea reserve the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
18. The City and County of Swansea does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem in any line, network, system, provider or otherwise which results in any communication not being properly recorded or received.
19. The City and County of Swansea may amend these terms and conditions without notice, by posting changes to them on this website.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
21. The City and County of Swansea has arranged this competition in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the competition or any aspect of the prize awarded. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the City and County of Swansea’s liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
22. This competition is promoted by the City and County of Swansea, Culture and Tourism, Marketing Services of Room 130, Penllergaer Offices, Penllergaer, Swansea, SA4 9GJ. Tel: 01792 635430. www.myswansea.com
23. Any complaints relating to this Waterfront Winterland Competition 2011 should be sent in writing to City and County of Swansea, Culture and Tourism, Marketing Services of Room 130, Penllergaer Offices, Penllergaer, Swansea, SA4 9GJ or emailed to www.myswansea.com giving full details of the complaint and any supporting documentation. Any complaint will be handled in line with the City and County of Swansea complaint procedure, a copy of which is available on request.
This post is also available in: Welsh